To reduce serum phosphate in patients with ESRD
FOSRENOL Oral Powder:
Added to applesauce. Adding to administration options.
- With a familiar dosing schedule and flexible dosing strengths1
- Start with a divided total daily dose of 1500 mg, taken with meals
- Titrate the dose every 2 to 3 weeks until an acceptable serum phosphate level is reached
- Monitor serum phosphate levels during titration and regularly afterward
- Doses were generally titrated in increments of 750 mg/day. In clinical studies with the FOSRENOL Chewable Tablet, most patients required a total daily dose of 1500 mg to 3000 mg to reduce serum phosphorus levels to < 6.0 mg/dL
Sprinkle and eat1
- Instruct patients to sprinkle the powder on a small quantity of applesauce or other similar food. The food should be consumed immediately
Instruct patients that they MUST NOT1...
- open a FOSRENOL Oral Powder packet before they are ready to use it
- attempt to dissolve FOSRENOL Oral Powder in liquid because it is insoluble
- store food mixed with FOSRENOL Oral Powder for future use